Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holloway's laughing but his slick side are no joke after Stoke win

Ian Holloway thought he looked resplendent, until a fan pointed at his grey overcoat with black felt lapels and bellowed: 'You look like an undertaker.' If it was meant to ruffle Blackpool's irrepressible boss, it failed dismally. With a look of mock indignation, he said: 'Cut me to the core, it did. I think I look quite smart, and I'm going to carry on wearing it.' Holloway can see the funny side more often than not, but he draws the line at the way his side were supposed to be dead and buried before a ball had been kicked. 'That did hurt,' he said, after seeing Blackpool's slick passing rewarded with a 48th-minute winner from DJ Campbell at Stoke on Saturday. 'It hurt me and the players to see some people predicting we'd be the worst team in Premier League history. 'Someone had us down for 10 points. Bit of a laughing stock. We have used that as a motivation to help keep us going. We are still light years away from securing our place in this division, but I am so proud of the way these players have responded to being disrespected like that. They have already doubled the lowest points total, and I am delighted for them.' (Daily Mail)